Last week I wrote about four ways to get ideas based on the four writers who spent some time in Switzerland with (and including) Lord Byron. Are you more of a reteller, historian, memoirist, or inventor? Read how each of these writers approached one writing prompt which birthed two new genres.
Since we’re talking about getting ideas, you might also find these posts helpful:
- The Five Building Blocks for Story: Where Do You Get Your Ideas?
- 9 Methods for Choosing a Title
- 10 Steps for Writing a Novel
- Why Writers Procrastinate
- The Creative Cycle: Writing through and with Depression
Spring is coming (well, if you live in our hemisphere), which is a time of renewal and new life. Maybe you’ve fallen off the horse you roped during New Year’s resolutions. Rope a new one and hold on tight. Somebody’s got to ride off into that sunset. Why shouldn’t it be you?